Friday, January 21, 2011

Moving

All of my sewing is stashed away into 4 large totes, 2 long under-the-bed style totes, 5 medium packing boxes, and my new notions box (thanks to my sis for that awesome Christmas present).

Packing this stuff gets tedious, and I'm constantly on nerve thinking of two impartial movers sloughing my stuff haphazardly into the back of their truck. But really, I can't write FRAGILE on all of my boxes, can I?

image: mycottagedownunder.blogspot.com


My serger and vintage Singer machines both have their own cases, and I feel pretty confident they'll arrive in working pieces. I have a White machine out on loan to my sister; it will come back in one piece, too.

I fear my case-less Brother won't be so lucky.

So I packed 6 yards of fleece around it before lovingly tucking it into it's already-padded box. This may actually be the best use I've ever found for any fleece.


image: artfire.com

On a side note, I'm enjoying some herbal coffee today. I said adieu to caffeine about a year ago, and decaf coffees leave me feeling apathetic to their genre at large. Usually I sip herbal tea. While picking up my boxes of Tazo at the store yesterday, I saw this chicory/almond faux coffee concoction. I think it's delish. Teechino, where have you been all my life?!

image: arizona-coffee.com - originally a Maxwell House ad

No comments:

Post a Comment