Wednesday, January 5, 2011

McCall's & Simplicity Spring 2011 Patterns

Call it the January Blahs, but I am ready for some Spring. Naturally, I squealed with delight to find McCall's Spring patterns uploaded on their site this morning. Then I found Simplicity's, too.

Here's the stuff I really like:
M6284
M6284
I love the bolero look of this shirt. The lines seem timeless. The pattern looks fast and easy (a compliment in this scenario).



M6292
M6292
I like the lines of this jacket. I'll pick it up at the next Hancock .99 sale, and maybe whip it up for the 12-for-12 challenge.



Photo
I'm on the fence about this Cynthia Rowley dress. I like the jacket, anyway.


Photo

I don't anticipate needing a formal anytime soon, but this Jessica McClintock pattern is great. It would be fun just to play with the bodice pieces, anyway.


Photo

Under the right conditions, I would consider paying full price for this pattern. Nice clean pockets, trendy ruffle collar, shorter length. Everything a girl could want.


Photo
Hooray for travel appropriate sportswear. These pieces could handle planes, trains or automobiles, emerging unscathed. I want to make the pants set.


Photo
Now hear me out a minute. These bed jackets are styled horribly. Rainbow cheetah? But this year my house will be 91 years old. And it can get a little chilly when the sun disappears. I like the one up top there. About half as long. Without gratuitous peace signs.

So there you have it. Now we wait (im)patiently for Vogue and Butterick. Vogue, really. They're my favorites. What shall we do to pass the time? Go fabric shopping, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment