Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Palette

I've been fabric shopping lately. Online mostly. Which can yield a few unusual surprises in color, texture and design once seen in person! Ostensibly I am shopping for fall fabrics, however in the back of my mind I want these pieces to fit into a versatile travel wardrobe. This should carry into mid-Spring.

You know about travel wardrobes: those ambiguous piles in suitcases that are supposed to come out wrinkle free and go with anything else you packed. So far, they've been something of a pipe dream for me. I always travel with an iron. Or steamer. Or both.
I love this Sing Me a Song dress from ModCloth.com Maybe I will pull out a vintage crochet book and start working on a collar.

So far I like Navy, Chartreuse, Grey/Steel/Silver, Blush Pink (nearly a neutral, nearly a peach), Coral-Orange. Maybe Seafoam and a Light Mud color, too. Black. It's a requirement.

Fabric-wise, I am in love with luxe textures. Velvet, velveteen, silk, silk charmeuse. For comfort I ordered some grey flannel (that looks curiously formal) for a soft jacket. A blouse in a flowy pink/peach would feel very feminine.

Accessories! I am finishing up my final skeins of glace yarn, making them into a sumptuous neck scarf. Have you seen these flowers from Anthropologie's wedding site, BHLDN.com? I'm thinking of making one into a brooch:

These are a steal at $10.oo

I have several silk scarves which I hope to pull out and wear more regularly this year. If you have spare time just laying around, I double dare you to search You Tube for scarf tying ideas. There went 20 minutes.

On the cold front, I have a red velveteen swing coat cut out. It has bracelet length sleeves with a slight bell. Currently, I have more coat patterns than fabric with which to make them.

Not on your life. Source.

Is it just me, or does travel make you want to feel more formal? Put together. Decisive. Something about visiting a place far away and exotic makes me more daring in my clothing choices. It also makes me want to slim down. But that's not really anything new :)



No comments:

Post a Comment